Welcome back everyone,
We hope you all are enjoying this beautiful Autism Awareness Month. For this post we wanted to focus on reminders for the upcoming Autism Walk on April 29th, 2017! We will be sharing some information about the event, the Familias First booth that will be set up on that day for you all to visit, as well as, helpful tips on how to prepare your child for the walk.
Event Name: Autism Speaks Walk
Location: Pasadena Rose Bowl (1001 Rose Bowl Dr, Pasadena, CA 91103)
Time: 8:30 AM Registration, 10 AM Walk Start
Contact: Autism Speaks (323) 297-4700
Familias First Booth:
- Please come out and visit our booth the day of the event. We will be having fun games, activities, and prizes for everyone.
- Parents: If you give Familias First a “like” on Facebook you will be entered into a raffle to win a $25.00 gift card!
How To Prepare for the Walk:
- Take water and drink lots of it the day of the event. The walk is approximately 2-3 miles long and the weather that day is expected to be sunny at 79*F so it is important to stay hydrated. Snacks are also great to have at hand with you for your child the day of the event.
- Along with water and snacks, hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen are also recommended for participants with light sensitivity.
- Don’t forget about your child’s sensory integration products such as chew toys, ear plugs/head phones, glasses/sunglasses, squeeze ball, etc. The event will also have quiet zones throughout the route of the walk if your child needs a break or starts to feel overwhelmed.
- If your child uses communication devices, it is highly recommended to bring that along as well. There will be many people at the event so communication on how your child is feeling throughout the day will be very helpful.
- Please keep in mind your child’s allergies and bring a long anything they may need throughout the day, such as inhalers for asthma, EpiPen, etc.
Once again, thank you to everyone reading our blog! if you have any questions or comments please leave them below! We love and appreciate the support and feedback! Join us next week for more updates on the Familias First booth that we will have for you all the day of the event!
Have a great week!